St Giles’ CoE Primary School
Success Through Work and Play
St. Giles’ Church of England Primary School has a committed and enthusiastic Headteacher and staff dedicated to providing a high standard of education giving children every opportunity to achieve their full potential in a happy, stimulating and secure environment. Each child is valued as an individual, with the organisation and curriculum designed to provide your child with the best of opportunities for learning- raising standards and making learning fun.
The school is situated in an attractive rural setting in the village of South Mymms next to the village green. There has been a school in the village since 1870 and in 1957 the school moved to its present site. The new building was blessed and opened by Bishop Paul of Hertford. St Giles’ is a small school with 4 classes and a maximum intake number of 15 in each year group. In 1957, the school had 37 pupils, since then the school has grown and developed, at present we have 100 children on roll. In addition to children from the village we have a growing number of children who attend from outside the area.
All our classes are well resourced and are equipped with interactive whiteboards to enhance and enrich learning. The addition of a new room to house a library and information technology suite was completed in May 2002. Our outdoor facilities are good with an adventure playground, outdoor classroom and a spacious games field that is also used for science study and other outdoor activities.