Teaching for Mastery in Maths Conference: Embedding a mastery approach within your school
- Wednesday 24 May9.30am–4.00pm
- Price may be subject to VAT / * 2nd and subsequent delegates reduced price
- £120 (100*) Alliance member / £160 (140*) Non Alliance member
The Wroxham School
Who should attend?
KS1 & KS2 Teachers and TAs, Open to all Headteachers, Senior Leaders, Subject Leaders
Last summer, the Government announced a £41million funding boost to support 8,000 Primary schools to adopt a ‘Mastery’ approach to mathematics within the next 4 years.
With many schools already embarking on this journey, this conference aims to share examples of best practice and to address some of the challenges that they have faced.
We are delighted to welcome nationally recognised keynote speakers to our event, who will share their expertise in embedding a mastery approach. In addition, delegates will have the opportunity to participate in 2 workshops. The day will cover the following:
- Keynote ‘Teaching for Mastery’ – a lesson style format, which pulls out the key features, including how the needs of higher and lower attainers are met.
- Keynote ‘Factual fluency’ – the role and memorisation of number facts.
- Workshop 1 – What does a ‘Mastery’ approach look like in the classroom?
- Workshop 2 – The use of manipulatives and structured images to support learning.
Relevant for KS1 and KS2. Open to all Headteachers, Senior Leaders, Subject Leaders, Teachers & TA’s.