Phonics: Using the 6 Phases of Letters and Sounds
- Monday 5 June4.00–5.30pm
- Price may be subject to VAT / * 2nd and subsequent delegates reduced price
- £65 (45*) Alliance member / £75 (55*) Non Alliance member
The Wroxham School
Who should attend?
Foundation, KS1, lower KS2 Teachers and Support Staff, Primary subject leaders
This is a 2-part twilight course and participants should attend both sessions.
Session 1: Monday 5th June, 4–5.30pm
Session 2: Monday 12th June, 4–5.30pm
It will offer phonic knowledge and an overview of the six phase phonics programme “Letters and Sounds” and will include:
- Blending and segmenting as reversible processes
- The expectations and content of each phase
- Practical activities throughout for all 6 phases
- Format of a discrete session
- The New National Curriculum and Letters and Sounds
- Whole class teaching of phonics
- Environment and application
It would be helpful if delegates could bring with them a copy of “Letters and Sounds” https://www.gov.uk/ government/publications/ letters-and-sounds
Sue Heaney has over 25 years teaching experience at both KS1 and KS2. She has been a member of an SLT as acting deputy headteacher and senior teacher whilst managing literacy and music throughout a school as subject leader.
Suitable for Primary subject leaders, Foundation, KS1, lower KS2 Teachers and Support Staff.