Outstanding Geography: Planning for progression and thinking about assessment in Primary Geography
- Monday 19 March9.30am–3.30pm
- Price may be subject to VAT
- £120 Alliance member / £140 Non Alliance member
The Wroxham School
Who should attend?
cover supervisors, Subject Leaders, TAs, Teachers
Monday 5 March 2018 – Part 1: 9.30am to 3.30pm
Geographical enquiry at KS1 & KS2
Getting to grips with creating an outstanding Geography curriculum based on NC2014. Conducting a geographical enquiry (hands-on session).
Monday 19 March 2018 – Part 2: 9.30am to 3.30pm
Planning for progression and thinking about assessment in Primary Geography.
Supported planning around key themes identified in Part 1 by participants to include support in high quality resourcing for the key themes.
This two-part* interactive course will help you develop your planning and practice for the Geography curriculum. It will support your subject understanding and the development of outstanding practice within the subject.
The morning of Part 1 will focus on an overview of the Geography curriculum and teaching for KS1. The afternoon will focus on KS2 for place-based planning. Themes identified during Part 1 will then form the basis for supported planning for Part 2.
Course participants will:
- Understand how Geography supports and contributes to the wider curriculum;
- Find out about key resources and approaches for planning and teaching outstanding Geography;
- Consider geographical enquiry, planning for progression and effective approaches to assessment.
Ben Ballin is a board member for Primary Geography magazine and a CPD associate for Shropshire, who has written widely on the subject. His interactive training style will allow participants to build their confidence as teachers and leaders of Geography and develop new learning through structured activities, supported planning and other interventions.
* It is advisable that participants book in for both sessions but can be booked separately.
These sessions are suitable for Teachers, TAs, Subject Leaders, cover supervisors and any teacher who doesn’t have subject knowledge training or who needs refreshing on current thinking and developments within the subject.
Single Session (1x Day) : £120 members / £140 non-members
Both Sessions (2x Days) : £200 members / £240 non-members