Challenge for All: How do you plan for challenge?
- Wednesday 7 June3.00–5.00pm
- Price may be subject to VAT / * 2nd and subsequent delegates reduced price
- £65 (45*) Alliance member / £75 (55*) Non Alliance member
The Wroxham School
Who should attend?
KS1 and KS2 Teachers
How do you plan for challenge?
This twilight session will be focussed on helping colleagues reflect on the elements needed to deliver an outstanding learning experience for their pupils. Discussion and activities will help colleagues to deepen their understanding of how to plan for challenge in a variety of ways. The following elements will be explored:-
- Great lessons are all about the richness of the task
- Pupils’ prior knowledge of a subject is endlessly surprising
- Timely digression and intervention promote memorable learning
- ‘Doing more of the same’ does not transform standards of attainment – ‘doing differently’ can
- A sense of purpose,humour and good relationships abound in the outstanding classroom, as does a love of learning
- When observing the best lessons you just don’t want them to end!
from NET Outstanding Classrooms – A guide to good practice